Water Detection Sensor
The ground and sensor signal traces of this sensor are interlaced. By measuring conductivity, it determines whether the sensor is dry, damp, or fully submerged in water. In addition, it finds water by utilizing its exposed PCB traces.
This sensor's traces have a 1 M weak pull-up resistor. Until a water drop shorts the sensor trace to the grounded wire, the resistor will pull the sensor trace value high. This circuit can be used with an Arduino's digital I/O pins or analog pins to measure how much water is induced upon contact between the grounded and sensor lines. This sensor can be used as a tank overflow detector, a rain sensor, or a liquid leak detector.
· Operating voltage: DC3-5V
· Operating current: less than 20mA
· Sensor Type: Analog
· Detection Area: 40mmx16mm
· Operating temperature: 10℃-30℃
· Humidity: 10% -90% non-condensing
· Board Dimension: 21.3x1.6x63.2mm