MT3608 2A Max DC-DC Step Up Power Module Booster Power Module
The MT3608 2A Max DC-DC Step Up Power Module is a low-cost module that can step-up a 2 to 24V input voltage to a 5 to 28V output voltage at up to 2A. Because the module can't generate more power than its inputs, DC-DC boost converters increase the input voltage while ramping down the available current. This boost converter is adjustable and can output a voltage ranging from 5.0 to 28V at a continuous current of up to 1.5A, depending on the input and output voltage settings, with 1A available in most cases. Because it is a boost converter, the input voltage must be lower than the output voltage. Instead of electrolytic capacitors, the device can use low ESR bulk ceramic capacitors, which reduces the device's size and eliminates long-term ageing problems. Over-current and heat limitation capabilities are included in the MT3608 converter IC to securely shut the device down if it is driven too hard.
· Input voltage: 2V-24V DC
· The maximum output current: 2A
· The maximum output voltage: 5V-28V DC
· It’s efficient up to 93%
· It can source a good amount of current
· Module Dimensions: 37x17x7mm
· Module Weight: 4g.
The module has a single-turn potentiometer for adjustment of the output voltage.
Turning the pot CW decreases the output voltage while turning it CCW increases the output voltage.
The upper limit of the adjustment range will depend on the input voltage and the load. With a 9V input for instance, at 1A, the upper voltage limit will be approximately 20V.
1. These are compact boards with 4 solder pads for making connections.
2. VIN+ = Input Voltage
3. VIN- = Ground
4. VOUT+ = Output Voltage
5. VOUT- = Ground. Connected to VIN- on the module.
· The input voltage should not exceed the maximum input voltage.
· Peak current output current is not more than 2A for input & output.
· Please be noted that the output voltage should be higher than the input voltage.