MAX30100 Pulse Oximeter Heart Rate Sensor
Maxim's MAX30100 integrated pulse oximetry and a heart-rate sensor are included in the Heart Rate click. It's an optical sensor that measures the absorbance of pulsating blood through a photodetector after emitting two wavelengths of light from two LEDs, a red one and an infrared one. This particular LED colour combination is designed to allow data to be read with the tip of one's finger.
A low-noise analogue signal processing device processes the signal before sending it to the target MCU through the mikroBUS I2C interface. Excessive motion and temperature changes can affect the readings, thus developers of end-user apps should keep that in mind. Furthermore, too much pressure can limit capillary blood flow, reducing the data's trustworthiness. There's also a programmable INT pin. The device runs on a 3.3V power supply.
· Optical sensor: IR and red LED combined with a photodetector
· Measures absorbance of pulsing blood
· I2C interface plus INT pin
· 3.3V power supply complete pulse oximeter and heart rate sensor solution simplifies Motion artefact resillence
· Ultra-low power operation increases battery life for wearable devices
· Advanced functionality improves measurement performance, high SNR provides robust motion artifact resilience integrated
· Ambient, light cancellation high sample rate capability fast data output capability
· It is an integrated pulse oximetry and heart rate monitor sensor solution.
· Dimensions: 14.5x1.5x18.8mm
· Shipment Weight: 2g.