SIM800A Quad Band GSM/GPRS Serial Modem
The SIM800 modem has a SIM800 GSM chip and RS232 interface while enables easy connection with the computer or laptop using the USB to Serial connector or to the microcontroller using the RS232 to TTL converter. Once you connect the SIM800 modem using the USB to RS232 connector, you need to find the correct COM port from the Device Manger of the USB to Serial Adapter. Then you can open Putty or any other terminal software and open a connection to that COM port at 9600 baud rate, which is the default baud rate of this modem. Once a serial connection is open through the computer or your microcontroller you can start sending the AT commands. When you send AT commands for example: "AT\r" you should receive back a reply from the SIM800 modem saying "OK" or other response depending on the command send.
· SIM800A Quad Band GSM Module
· Voltage Supply Required- 9VDC to 12VDC with atleast 2A Peak Current Capability
· Low power: down to 1mA in sleep mode
· TTL Rx and TTL Tx and DB9 Connector Based RS232 Outputs
· Antenna Type: PCB Trace
· Switching Regulator Based Power Supply
· Bands: GSM 850MHz, EGSM 900MHz, DCS 1800MHz, PCS 1900MHz
· Coding schemes: CS-1, CS-2, CS-3, CS-4 Tx power: Class 4 (2W), Class 1 (1W)
· TCP/IP AT firmware
· Operating temperature: -40C to +85C
· Audio channels which include a microphone input and a receiver output.
· One SIM card interface
· PCB Dimensions (LxWxH in mm): 57.7x1.5x91.3mm
· Weight: 35g.